Christmas is coming, are you ready? We pull out our decorations, set up our tree and adorn our house with lights; it is so exciting! We approach the beginning of December with child-like excitement, then gradually we are consumed in the rush and stress of the season. We find that, “The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” is quickly met with anticipation of coming to an end. The holiday season can be a stressful time for many people. There are some common tendencies that, if corrected, we would be able to find more happiness in this joyful time of the year.
Here are 5 Ways Chiropractic can help us all thrive during the holidays.
1. Reduce Stress-We need to Let It Go! It is easy to find yourself backed up to all the responsibilities and volunteer events that come with Christmas but we need to remember to take care of us. We need to take deep, cleansing breaths several times a day. We need to incorporate exercise to keep our bodies moving and our immune systems up. Seeing a Chiropractor will help. During times of stress, our bodies tense up, we are prone to headaches, back pain, inflammation in our joints, even digestive issues. Patients who receive regular adjustments can release built up tension from their bodies allowing them to fully enjoy the Christmas season.
2. Stay Healthy- November and December kick off the cold and flu season. We are stuck inside during the shorter days and colder weather where germs and viruses thrive. Our prolonged exposure weakens our immune system. Regular adjustments will balance the nervous system, strengthen our immune system and organs, and promote healthy lymphatic drainage.
3. Safeguard your body from injury- We see an increase of injuries related to winter home care each year. Most of them are due to sprains and strains slipping on ice or “pulling your back out” from shoveling snow. When you are seen regularly, the pressure these activities can put on your body is released. We will also help to educate you in safe practices you can follow to prevent these injuries from happening.
4. Ease travel discomfort- We know the drill; school is released and there is a mad dash made by families for the open road or the nearest airport. Traveling can be hard on your body! We reduce our movement and stick ourselves in uncomfortable spaces that are crammed between suitcases and coolers. Injuries like pinched nerves, misalignments in the neck and back and stiff joints can make vacation unbearable.
5. Strengthen Your Digestive System- Between Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas cookies and New Years parties, our digestive systems are weighted down with overindulgence on things we don’t normally consume. This can cause our digestive system to become sluggish, introduce headaches and overall body inflammation. Regular adjustments help by promoting good digestive flow.
Have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year, filled with hope, happiness and good functional health!